Wednesday 30 April 2008

A Very Nice Place to Live a Life.


I put a comment on Doug's blog earlier, about living in beautiful old English villages. so I thought I would put up a picture of our Cottage. The shot below was taken from just inside the garden gate looking to the right. I didn't get a shot looking left towards the church as there was an oil tanker parked out side, and it was hiding the iconic red phone box. When I get the web site up and running I will add more pictures of the village and our cottage, complete with flag stone floor.

4 comments:

potterboy said...

Looks lovely. I like the wavy cut of your roof line - mine does that too.

I echo the sentiments in your comment to Doug. I think life then, though harsh, was simpler and must have been much more peaceful.

Oh for the life of my forebears, crofting and weaving on the shores of Loch Tummel in Perthshire. That would be idyllic.

Instead, I've gone for a countryside populated by 24 hour heavy traffic, unpleasant factory smells and all-night heating/air-conditioning noise from the so-called carrot factory - a name which sums up modern country life I think.

Oh well...

Hannah said...

Lovely lovely, can two cars pass each other on that road without having to drive onto the verge? That's a crazy idea if they can.

Ron said...

Wow Paul what a beautiful place. I must come for a visit.

Anonymous said...

Your home looks like the perfect English home one would see in a movie or on tv.

How warm does it get there?

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...