Monday 26 May 2008

New Glaze Firing - Opened today

Small Lidded Jar

Large Lidded Jar

Large Jug


Large Jug




Big bowl




Small white lipped bowl




Black bowl white slip decoration






Small black jug


Small jug
This is a selection of pots that have come out of the kiln today. It's one of those firings that has come out OK but not fantastic.
I sieved the strong yellow glaze with a 120 sieve since the last firing, in the hope I could reduce the amount of minute black speckles in the glaze, but they are still there and if anything the glaze has lost some colour. So although they are alright I feel just a Tad disappointed.









5 comments:

Hannah said...

Yeah new pots.Look good.More ore more. Nice wee jugs.

Ron said...

Looks like a good firing Paul. I hope I can get my gas firing to look as good. I am testing some glazes with more a range this week.
Well done.

doug Fitch said...

tasty

Matt Grimmitt said...

Nice!!! Don't be disapointed blogger Paul they are some nice pots you have there. I get the bits too but have found if I whisk up the glaze like crazy then leave it for a cup of tea and then go back and take a jug or two from the top I get slightly less bits! I expect you do something similar anyway but this works for me.
Matt

Laura Elizabeth Jessop said...

Oooooh i love the black glaze! x

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...