Friday 13 March 2009

New Slipware pots: two

I unloaded the electric kiln Yesterday and had some nice effects
That I was used to gaining in the Gas Kiln.
This two pint jug I particularly liked I felt it just summed up my work and what I like best about slipware, "simple yet elegant"
Someone else must of agreed with me because the first customer of the day Bought it.
This Jug has some of the nice fire flashing you would expect from a Gas or wood firing
but is created by placing other glazed pots as close as I can.

a 13" wide Pancheon
and one with a lip
Ten Pints of Cider
I had set myself the task of making 1oo egg cups today
as you can see I got to 38 and and then thought
"sod it I'll just make one great big one".

6 comments:

Christine--RHP said...

what kind of egg goes in that one?

Anonymous said...

love the two pint jug

Amy said...

Paul, I can't remember if I've commented on your blog or not. Regardless, it's been great to read and see your pieces. Wow... I'm doing slipwork now and it is quite an adventure. Added your blog to my list!

ang design said...

hehehehe ahh funny!! easter eggs would fit, or duck? for the egg connoisseur.. nice flashing too and lucky customer stunning jug work- as i get to see that one 1st hand....

Anonymous said...

I suspect someone must need ostrich egg cups, Paul.

Anonymous said...

I suspect someone must need ostrich egg cups, Paul.

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...