Thursday 29 April 2010

New pots

Fresh from the kiln this morning is this Large lidded jar.
It's the first pot I have ever been asked to make
for storing Parrot seed in.
It's glazed on the inside but unglazed on the outside
It's just the white slip.

I have told them it will show all the marks on the outside,
but that's what the customer wanted.

This is a large bread crock that will have a wooden lid when Fired.

I spotted these cars at the court the other day.

Classic

Made at a time when cars were cars.
rather than the jelly moulds they make these days.

4 comments:

Hollis Engley said...

I had no idea parrots grew from seeds. When exactly is parrot planting season over there, anyway?

Paul Jessop said...

Hey Hollis, the lady came and collected the pot today.
apparently the food is a mixture of seed,dried fruit, peppers and nuts.
they eat healthier than I do that's for sure.

Wendy 'Pixie Pete' said...

The parrot pot looks fine, hope future finger marks doesn't mean it will end up looking 'seedy'.

Wendy 'Pixie Pete' said...

I first saw one of those classic jags when I was a little girl; driven by the 'rent man'. Mum said 'jags were often driven by crooks'. So I guess our rent man had a sense of style.

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...