Friday 11 June 2010

World Cup Feaver

Today See's the start of the 2010
Football World Cup in South Africa.
They are calling it "The Greatest Show on Earth".
I'm not quite sure about that.
But as Kids My Brother Dan and I were Football Crazy.
It's a game of two halves , but I think this picture was taken in our
sitting room at home in Stevenage.
during the 1970 World Cup in Mexico.
Our Birthday's are only one day apart and always fall during the world cup
I'm June 2oth and Dan's was June 21st
so I would have just turned 8 and Dan would have just turned 11.
Sadly Dan is no longer with us, but I'm sure he'll be taking a keen interest
in the games.
His spirit will be out there some where..... I've just realised where he will be!!
You know when the camera pics out the good looking women in the crowd.
Dan will be the one Picking them out for the camera man.
That was him all over.
He had more hot women than I had hot dinners.
The boy did well, it was always going to be a hard game.
if that had gone in it would have been a goal.
Ok enough Fun back to the Potting.

3 comments:

Dan Finnegan said...

I'll be watching all I can, Paul...the greatest show on turf! I will try not to root to hard for my team tomorrow...ole,ole, ole, ole...

Hollis Engley said...

Same here, Paul. I'll keep down the "USA" cheers tomorrow afternoon, so they're not audible in Barrington Court.

Christine--RHP said...

tomorrow!!!
will you be in the beerless pub watching?

sweet pic of you and your bro.

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...