Thursday 3 February 2011

Stages of a pots development.

These lidded pots were all going to be
Garlic Pots.
But I had seen a picture of a Michael Cardew Jug
That made me want to decorate them
in a different way. 
So these two are not having the holes drilled in them
which I do with a normal drill bit. 
As I need the stock these three get the hole treatment. 
But these two get dipped in black slip. 
I want to try this decoration on them
There is something about Cardew's work
that I feel deep down inside, but I can't explain it
I only know it gives me a warm glow inside. 
Practising slip trailing on a piece of board before
I tackle this large bowl. 
I haven't plucked up the courage to do it yet
maybe tomorrow.

6 comments:

gz said...

Michael Cardew was always inspiring,and his pots carry on the good work

Hannah said...

Deep breath and go go go! Do it PJ!

potterboy said...

Yes, go for it. I wish I had a slip trailer - that pattern would look good on my cider jar. Oh, and that Cardew jug is just fab. I made four jugs today and ended up throwing them angrily across the garden. Might have to print that picture out and hang it on the wall in the shed tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with that dish.

ang design said...

yeh steady hands, loosen up and breath...

Anne W said...

lovely :)

cookingwithgas said...

I have given you an award -go to my blog if you want it.
Copy the award and paste to your blog.
Then tell us 7 things about yourself we might not know on your blog.
Then pass the award on to 15 more or less bloggers you read.

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...