Tuesday 5 April 2011

It's a Mugs Game.

I'm getting into making the 250 coffee cups.
it seems like a heck of a lot of pots.
But I have remembered that back in 1981
 I made 500 mugs for a scout jamboree.
But I was only 19 then.
I'm weighing the clay 3/4 lbs for each one
but apart from that I'm doing them all by eye.
This batch have been turned and handled.
and these ones have had the stamped heart added.
and these ones have had wax resist painted onto the heart
and slipped in white slip.
They seem to be taking ages to dry
so I'm firing the kiln with other pots later today
to try and help the drying process.
Making sure the heart stays on is proving a problem
but I think we have cracked it.

2 comments:

Anna M. Branner said...

Don't say CRACK!

Hollis Engley said...

Ha! I was going to write the very same thing that Anna said, then saw her comment. Yikes.

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...