Tuesday 11 June 2013

Settling in but only just.

We have been open here for just over a week
The builders are still in and out every 5 minutes.
But I have had no option other than to just keep working in the middle of the room
and let it all go on around me. 
I'm desperately trying to get pots made for the Rufford Show.
The showroom and workshop are
nowhere near finished yet, 
 but it will do for now.
 I'm going to add more apple boxes when we come back
from Earth & Fire.
I've been collecting timber from skips
to make more racking, but I just haven't had time to make it yet.
Pots are the priority. 
 This week we have Nikki with us on work experience
she's a practical girl who even offered to build my shelves for me.
She's trying her hand on the wheel at the moment. 
 We have a bit more practice to go yet Nikki.
As you probably know the royal mail have put all their
parcel prices up to extortionate levels,
so we have been looking for an alternative shipper.
Today I'm giving Parcel Pete a try. 
 The prices are good
so we shall have to see what the service is like.
Watch this space
to see how they get on.

2 comments:

Lori Buff said...

The space looks like it's shaping up nicely. Pretty soon it should feel like home.

Paul Jessop said...

WEll they haven't had a good start, the parcels should have been collected yesterday for delivery today and they are still sat on our doorstep waiting to be collected. that's 24 hours later than they said.

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...