Earlier this year we were given the great privilage
of being asked to make a Font bowl for
St Mary's Church Barrington.
Three previous attempts had all ended up in failure.
I added a deep foot rim to allow for the Lead plug
in the base of the Font.
I added a coil and then threw it
I covered the rest of the bowl to allow it to dry evenly.
Then I painted it with white slip on the inside
and Blue slip on the outside.
Not my choice, but the Churches.
Marion got to work on the decoration.
We took some pictures and Marion set about
drawing the church from a picture.
Very hard work judging by the look on Marion's face .
But it was coming on well.
I added the wording and rim decoration
It survived the Biscuit firing
so we glazed it and hoped for the best.
But as you can see it cracked yet again.
at this point both Marion & I
said a few non Christian words.
But I am sure
you will forgive us.
after all it is the season of good will!