Tuesday 16 June 2009

Barrington Court Ash Glaze Pots

Following the Glaze problems on my first batch of
Barrington Ash pots.
I decided to turn it into a positive - OK ten pots went to the wall
But I have decided to make some improvements to the over all design,
something I would not have been able to do if the first batch had come out OK.
So the first thing was to get some proper number stamps for the base
I found a nice little set at Bath Potters last week for under £8.00.
This looks so much better than a scratched in number and
the metal stamps should last me a life time.
I also made the pots a little bit bigger using 1 1/2lbs of clay
rather than 1 1/4lbs.
Then I changed the decoration as well.
So all in all a totally new and improved pot.
all I have to do now is sort the glaze out and I'm off.
I did have some one turn up at the workshop last week to collect their pot and I had to ask them to come back in two weeks.
These pots are going to be Glazed with the Ash glaze from the trees at Barrington Court and are a limited number set of 100 pots
I've worked out the prices and these pots will be available from the workshop next week all being well with the glaze at a price of £34.00 each.
The first 12 are already spoken for.

No comments:

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...