Monday 30 June 2008

My First Stockist & Clay Suppliers Yard

This is the shop that Brought my pots the other day. It's very up market and what is nice is that they don't look out of place. Thank you Elizabeth for restoring my faith and for showing me my market. I took this picture last week while I was at Commercial Clay in Stoke on Trent, the lads were on their tea break when I arrived ( well this is England what do you expect! ). This is the back yard not pretty but I liked the old bottle kiln in the background.

Thanks for all your nice comments on my last post, I was reading it again earlier, and I can't belive I said "I am a salesman". I hate salesmen, the last thing I want to be in the world is a salesman. I think what I meant was that I've been in sales for years and know the tricks of the trade, but would actually hate myself if I did all that kind of aggresive sales patter.

I didn't have to sell at all to this shop, they just loved them and wanted them, all I did was talk about the influences and process with some passion, because thats what it's all about.

2 comments:

doug Fitch said...

Congratulations! I hope it's the first of many galleries.

Laura Elizabeth Jessop said...

Oooh that looks like a lovely shop! Brilliant. And don't worry, i have NEVER thought of you as a 'salesman.' Always as a potter whom just happens to know far too much about tiles. :)

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...