Saturday 13 September 2008

Somerset Art Weeks 08

Today is the start of Somerset Art Weeks 08
Unfortunately for me I was too late to enter this year as entries had to be completed by January 2008 and at hat point I was not aware that I would have become a full time Potter by then.
Never mind I have now registered and will be in future events.
I have copied a page to give you a flavour of the booklet with over 200 makers listed with open workshops, one nice thing about it this year is that Marion and me can go and have a look at some of them over the next few days.
My workshop will be open so I might pull in a few customers along the way.
While writing this blog I popped upstairs and the view from the bedroom window made me stop and realise just how lucky I am.
so I just thought I would share it with you. Yes that is a blue sky you can see!!


It was sunny most of Friday as well so I fired the Bisc and made some pots.





This is one of the gas burners.

I bought this small Sid Tustin bowl of Ebay earlier this week I feel very proud to own one of Sid's pieces.


2 comments:

Ron said...

Blue skies here today too. That's a nice Sid pot.

Alan from Argyll Pottery said...

A double jam! We haven't made any for a while but nice one Paul. I have one of Sids wee cream jugs it's great too. Nice to see the sun shines down there too.

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...