Thursday 18 December 2008

Last Orders Please !!

One of my final orders for this year nearing completion.
These 8 Tankards are in the Biscuit firing now cooling down ready for glazing on Friday.
The chap who ordered them is currently in India.
I know you've seen this view a few times before, I see it almost every day
when we take the dogs for a walk.
I've been so busy over the past few months I realised the other day I was just getting the dog walk over as quick as I could, without spending time looking around Me.
I used to do that when I had my other job and hated not having the time, to soak up the surroundings.
What's great is that the dog walk is now an integral part of my day,
where I can plan my day in the morning and review it at the end of the day.
and take time to enjoy my new life as a full time potter.
In some ways I've taken to it like a duck to water, but sometimes I realise
I'm still thinking in the old ways and it makes me shudder.
Time off over Christmas will give me space to reflect and plan for the year ahead.
I can't wait...

2 comments:

Matt Grimmitt said...

Hey Paul, those tankards are brilliant, the lettering is spot on, real nice. Takes a long time to adjust doesn't it, I do know what you mean. Great news about workshop i'm looking forward to seeing it up and running. Had a chat to Doug today he suggested a bloggers outing in the new year, would be good to go check out some museums and galleries, sounds good. Merry Xmas to you both. Have a good one.

ang design said...

you'll have to take me along via video.......cheers boys

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...