Sunday 21 March 2010

Pottery Workshop - Update two

Saturday the 20th March
The first full day of having the showroom open to the public.
The weather was miserable, but that didn't seem to stop people
coming in to have a look around.
It was still not very warm in the workshop, having not had doors on the building for the past 5 years, means it's going to take a while to heat up.
So I took my gas burner in and left that running for a few hours in the morning.
It's by no means finished
But by the end of the day I had sold 8 pots.
It's a glorious day today with blue sky's and sunshine
and it's also Bonus weekend at Barrington Court
which means it's free to get into the House and gardens
so I'm looking forward to a busy day.
This picture of the workshop was taken in the morning and I'm glad to say most of the mess has been cleared up now, and I ended the day with some pugging of clay.

11 comments:

Hollis Engley said...

It's come a long way from the first pictures you posted of the space. Looks great now.

ang design said...

sounds like a good day man! well done on all the work moving in..happy days warmth is coming...

Anna M. Branner said...

Fantastic Paul. Looks really sharp. You've worked hard!

Linda Starr said...

The studio looks great, love the shelves along the wall and the table in the center, looks like a nice big space.

Anonymous said...

the space looks beautiful paul... i'm envious

Ron said...

Looks great Paul. I'd love to be able to visit Barrington several times over the course of the Spring and Summer to see the gardens as they change over the season. It's a beautiful place for sure.

Christine--RHP said...

wow!! looks awesome!! Great to open the first day of Spring!! Congratulations!

Paul Jessop said...

Thanks Guys, I had another good day of sales today.

and I will try and take some pics of the gardens as they develop over the season.

Wendy 'Pixie Pete' said...

Workshop looks serene

Tracey Broome said...

Yep, studio envy for sure! I have a very similar table in my kitchen. Maybe I could just open a showroom in there:)
Place looks wonderful, would love to come for a visit. Gerry may get to go to the Olympics in London and I have already told him I am coming along and visiting potters.

Diane@Peaceful Acres said...

Congratulations Paul! Your shop is absolutely lovely! I wish I was closer or you'd of sold another! I love the clock!!!

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...