Wednesday 19 May 2010

The Best things in life are Free.

Having said that, this bowl fresh out of the kiln last night is not.
I stole the wording from Tracey Broome's Blog
I wanted to make a large bowl for the Contemporary Craft Fair at Bovey Tracey
in June, and I just loved this wording.


It seems to me to be a great way to live your life.

If you do these Four things. I certainly hope I do.

I thought it was time to show some of the gardens
at Barrington Court, now they are starting to gain some colour.
It's getting a bit rough around here.
Even in the old days, they went around with Knives.
This is the White Garden
This is Strode House which has a restaurant.

The wisteria

The old stables.

I'm off to visit a possible new outlet for my pots
and then I've got to package up some pots to send to Washington DC.

6 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

It came out very nice and they are words to live by.

Anna M. Branner said...

Washington DC?? Thats cool!

Anonymous said...

oh hello,
I was looking for potters blogs and so I found yours, which I really like! I read quite a lot in your posts and the bowls, the really plain ones, I like best.
I do potter myself, but only as a beginner...its a little shame I havent`t got a blog yet, but I am working on it.
best wishes to you from katja

Tracey Broome said...

The photos around Barrington have the same colors as your pottery, how fitting! What a beautiful place to be inspired. I LOVE the bowl, I read those words every morning when I check my blog and try to remember to live that way. Some days by the end of the day, I could use a little reminder :) I'm glad you used them on your work, make lots more, I think they are great!!!!

Hannah said...

Funny, I stole that last year from her blog too and put it on a charger, it's kind of hidden in my decoraton, hmm thanks for reminding me, I must do that again sometime. I thought it was a great phrase too. In fact fingers crossed I'm going to sell that charger somewhere very nice on monday.

Ron said...

Thanks for posting the photos of the garden Paul, really cool to see things this Spring.

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...