Tuesday, 5 April 2011
It's a Mugs Game.
I'm getting into making the 250 coffee cups.
it seems like a heck of a lot of pots.
But I have remembered that back in 1981
I made 500 mugs for a scout jamboree.
But I was only 19 then.
I'm weighing the clay 3/4 lbs for each one
but apart from that I'm doing them all by eye.
This batch have been turned and handled.
and these ones have had the stamped heart added.
and these ones have had wax resist painted onto the heart
and slipped in white slip.
They seem to be taking ages to dry
so I'm firing the kiln with other pots later today
to try and help the drying process.
Making sure the heart stays on is proving a problem
but I think we have cracked it.
Once again apologies for the infrequent blog posts since May But I have today finally got my computer a new keyboard ! I was at the bri...
OK here are all the elements needed to build the kiln. I had some 3mm ceramic paper left over from building my large gas kiln 2 years ago. ...
The Christmas break was well earned this year. We took time out to rest and enjoyed going for walks in and around the village. i...