Thursday, 14 May 2009
Slipware Bread Crock
My third attempt at making a bread bin. I finally got two through the biscuit firing
with a combination of
1. a better thrown pot
2. a slower heat up of the biscuit firing
3. a longer drying out period prior to firing.
I managed to pop down to Doug's place yesterday afternoon for an Hour
we sat and drank Tea on the bench overlooking the fields and we talked about our plans for the months ahead.
Sounds to me like were going to be busy chaps Doug !
and Thanks for the throwing Batts
there going to be put to use right away.
( Once I've cleaned them ).
Off to the the workshop again now having been inspired by
Mr Fitch yet again.
He really has got some stunning pots on those shelves.
at May 14, 2009
Once again apologies for the infrequent blog posts since May But I have today finally got my computer a new keyboard ! I was at the bri...
OK here are all the elements needed to build the kiln. I had some 3mm ceramic paper left over from building my large gas kiln 2 years ago. ...
The Christmas break was well earned this year. We took time out to rest and enjoyed going for walks in and around the village. i...