Friday 5 April 2013

Cor Blimey! What a week...

It's Friday and Marion and Me are Exhausted.
This time last week we were demonstrating at River Cottage HQ
as part of the Spring Fair.
This was our stall with our New Banner.

 Here are some of our pie dishes being used on another stall.
 Our pots seem to go down a storm at River Cottage
so we ended up having a really busy time, and by the time we got back
on Saturday night we were worn out.
No rest for the wicked though
so Sunday morning Marion started the Play with Clay
activity with kids in the showroom.
Blimey it was a busy day.
Mean while back in the barn
work is progressing well, even if it looks the same as ever.
We had a site meeting and all is well.
and I'm beginning to get excited. 
All week we have had a steady flow of people playing with clay. 
I've also managed to get some pots completed for orders.
I like this Harvest Jug. 
 I'm getting better at the writing bit.
These large dishes are still some of my favourite pots. 
 Lipped Bowls continue to be a good seller
and add a touch of colour to the showroom.
 I am continuing to stick to my plan of making more jugs this year
These two taller ones are 13" tall.
So we should just go home and fall asleep on the sofa
but I'm starting to get thirsty and the pub is 
before the house on the way home.
Um I wonder what we might do.


2 comments:

Peter said...

So much to delight in and learn from! I love the green jug with the cuddly belly, it has real warmth and life. The huge photo banner that you have inside your display tent looks a great idea, it really draws attention. I also like the way you display your work at your studio, it just seems so natural and gives an idea how the pieces can be used and how they will fit in to the home. Best Wishes, P.

Anna M. Branner said...

I vote for the pub!

How did you ever manage without Marion???

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...