Monday 12 October 2009

The Workshop

I had a meeting today with a chap from
the National Trust, to discuss what facilities I need
and where I want them.
So Now I have to plan what I want.
a Blank canvas of a workshop.
I'm all excited but also very nervous.
As most potters would do at this stage I ask myself
" what would Bernard Leach do ?".
and so inevitably I turn to the
"Bernard Leach a Potters Book"
for inspiration.
and sure enough I find it
"An individual potters workshop means more to him than a mere setting where the routine of production can conveniently go on.
Here he has to seek and weigh new ideas, comparing them and his finished work with the standards of the past and the needs of the unborn future."

4 comments:

DirtKicker Pottery said...

I think the blank canvas is very inspiring. Pretty sweet space.
Do you know how long it will take for the new studio space to come together>

FetishGhost said...

Wow what a space! so much potential...

Paul Jessop said...

Hi Guy's,
it's great to have such a great space to turn into a workshop. as for timings. the National Trust are planning to have the electrics and lights sorted by Jan 2010. and I'm hoping that once I can move in with help from local villagers I should have the place ready to pot in within a week.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

looking forward to see what the space becomes. Exciting stuff!

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...