Saturday 21 April 2012

Large cooking dishes

These large cooking dishes have finally emerged from the kiln
They have proved to be a bit of a challenge.
 They are 14" wide  which means I have to make them 16" wide
on the wheel.
To stop them cracking I've added 10%. silica grog.
this is proving hard to add when it's dry
so I've been adding some water to it, but it's still a long job.
 But I am happy with the results.
These are trials for a customer, so hopefully I will be making 
a lot more of these. 
This large bowl is 18" wide and has just been slipped
now waiting for the decoration, it's for the local church font. 
and with Earth & Fire at Rufford, coming up in June
I've started to make some more pieces just for the show.
This tall jug is about 13" tall and will have white slip
on the neck only. 
 and these harvest jugs are also for Rufford.
 I'm also still making stock for the showroom
 These Garlic pots are now back in stock.
and I managed to fix my kiln yesterday
so now now back up to speed with two kilns.

3 comments:

Anna M. Branner said...

So love the partially slipped look. And you do it so well!

Hollis Engley said...

Your pots continue to look terrific, Paul. That font is a nice connection with the local parish.

Mackuisc said...

Your pots continue to look terrific, Paul. That font is a nice connection with the local parish.

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...