Tuesday 16 June 2015

Mixing Business with Pleasure

It's all systems go at the Pottery at the moment,
but it seems like it's been that way since January,
where have these past 5 months gone.

I love this picture
it's a screen grab from our latest workshop video
that will be live soon
so watch this space.

We are working so hard that we really need our day off
to unwind and relax a bit.
Last week we went to Bridport
to look at all the Antique shops,
This pic was taken whilst enjoying a piece of cake
and some builders tea from the red brick cafe.

We also popped down to West Bay
for a stroll along the sea front.

we came across our pots in the Old Custom house.

We have also been working on some exclusives 
for the National Trust
I'm liking this new Blue/ Grey colour.

Sales in our showroom are continuing to grow
with more visitors seeking us out
which is a really nice feeling, that people are
making a visit to our workshop a part of their holiday experience
and we hope we always make them feel like it was
worth it.
The Article in Country Homes & Interiors Magazine
really has been a great boost to us this year,
with visitors coming from as far away as Kent.

I was reading the latest copy of Ceramic Review this week
and spotted a small feature on ourselves. 
We ordered our third tonne of clay so far this year
last year we used 5 tonnes
looks like it's going to be six this year.

The new kiln is still firing a bit to high
but people seem to be loving the toasted look.

Me I'm not so sure!

I fired this very large jug in our old kiln just to make sure
it came out how I wanted it.

I've spoken to the kiln makers and I think I can sort it out.

This was a very dramatic sky over the workshop
the other day.
So over the next few weeks we shall be at Earth & Fire 2015
at Rufford Abbey Nottinghamshire
followed by
Art in Clay Hatfield House

We hope to see you there

1 comment:

Dennis Allen said...

I'm sure As long as it's not bloating keep toasting it.

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...