Tuesday 15 August 2017

Barrington Pottery Blog Back on Track

Once again apologies for the infrequent blog posts since May
But I have today finally got my computer a new keyboard !
I was at the brink of buying a new Laptop
and it's at moments like that when you are just about to spend
a lot of money that you start to think outside the Box.
A new laptop was going to set me back somewhere in the region
of £500 - £1500 as the more I looked at them the more I was
trying to convince myself that the really expensive one was what I needed.
Of course it wasn't !
If I have learnt one thing over the past 9 years as a Potter
It's that it's not about throwing money at things
it's about making do with what you have to hand.
So in a moment of inspired inspiration I did a Google search for a 
wireless Keyboard
I feel like a genius I have solved my problems
kept my computer and made it fully functional again all for 
a total outlay of only £8.89   

-
 Art in Clay is coming up this weekend I'll be sure to take plenty
of pictures and update you on our stall and how we get on.

We had a bit of fun sorting out a new profile picture of me required by a local
publication
 We spent ages trying to set the shot up, changing positions so
 we could both see what was the best angle. 
 We had some Fun, and in the end Marion got a nice shot
of me at the wheel.
With Art in Clay looming I've been trying to 
make some more lidded jars
 I Do love making pots with lids, the challenge of making a 
really good fitting lid, must be something to do with my dad
being an engineer he's no longer with us
he died 25 years ago, but every time I make a good fitting lid
I think Dad would appreciate that.
 A recent trip to the antique alley in Bridport Dorset
unearthed some interesting old Pancheons
 And it reiterates what I say when people say they can buy an old one
( you never know what's been in it )? 
 I must admit I was tempted by the three dogs
for the showroom!
 I did actually resist them, but if there still there when I go back
those puppies are Mine! 
We have had plenty of firings in the smaller kilns
but I have had two back to back in the larger kiln with pots for
I went back in to the workshop late one night just to check
as it was about to finish.
and it's nice when you feel your dedication pays off
as it proved to be a really nice firing.

 Yes they are still plain and simple but the richness of the glaze
makes you just want to pick them up and stroke them.
 So simple yet so nice.
 and I know my Dad would have loved this Ginger jar shaped pot
as he also loved ginger.
 So our stall will have pots that I am very proud of
and our stall will very much reflect what we are all about
at Barrington Pottery
 
We are very much about to take Barrington Pottery
to Hertfordshire
where for me it all began.


+-

No comments:

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...