Tuesday 2 August 2011

New Earthenware Glazes.

Following the success last week of my new lighter honey glaze test
earlier this week I mixed up a new 10kg Batch
But having been inspired by a new glaze
I decided to mix up the glaze without
adding the 3.5% Iron Oxide
and try it as a clear glaze on my coloured slips.
So here are the results
Clear on white slip 
Clear on Blue slip
Clear on green slip
and the light honey with the 3.5% iron.
I had also been asked to make a small 5" tall cream jug
in the branhams style with a black rim.
while I was at it I made a selection of smaller jugs.
another nice pancheon this one is 14.5" wide and 5.5" deep.
Marion combined her sketching skills
with her newly acquired dish making skills.
Oh and the lady I did this bowl for
 came in this morning while the kiln was still at 189oc
I opened the lid to show her but it was too hot
so I gave her the one with the dropped r
to be going on with.
I'm pleased to report that she loved it.

All in all a very good day and
I've had a second Tonne of clay delivered today
It's a beutiful day and one that deserves
a pint or two sat outside the pub tonight.

5 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

I think Marion has a bright future as a potter! Really love her plate, and I also love using my little pitcher (like the ones in your photo) that I bought at the Clay and Blogs show!

Hollis Engley said...

Nice variety under that clear glaze, Paul. And I do like marion's horse pots, as well.

Ron said...

Hey Paul, I like all the variations. Well done on the dish Marion. Tracey, we too have a small pitcher of Paul's that gets plenty of use. Enjoy your pints P.J.

Laura Jessop said...

Love love love Marion's dish with the horse. Gorgeous. I want it!

Dennis Allen said...

All four colors look great.

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...