Tuesday, 2 August 2011
New Earthenware Glazes.
Following the success last week of my new lighter honey glaze test
earlier this week I mixed up a new 10kg Batch
But having been inspired by a new glaze
I decided to mix up the glaze without
adding the 3.5% Iron Oxide
and try it as a clear glaze on my coloured slips.
So here are the results
Clear on white slip
Clear on Blue slip
Clear on green slip
and the light honey with the 3.5% iron.
I had also been asked to make a small 5" tall cream jug
in the branhams style with a black rim.
while I was at it I made a selection of smaller jugs.
another nice pancheon this one is 14.5" wide and 5.5" deep.
Marion combined her sketching skills
with her newly acquired dish making skills.
Oh and the lady I did this bowl for
came in this morning while the kiln was still at 189oc
I opened the lid to show her but it was too hot
so I gave her the one with the dropped r
to be going on with.
I'm pleased to report that she loved it.
All in all a very good day and
I've had a second Tonne of clay delivered today
It's a beutiful day and one that deserves
a pint or two sat outside the pub tonight.
Once again apologies for the infrequent blog posts since May But I have today finally got my computer a new keyboard ! I was at the bri...
OK here are all the elements needed to build the kiln. I had some 3mm ceramic paper left over from building my large gas kiln 2 years ago. ...
The Christmas break was well earned this year. We took time out to rest and enjoyed going for walks in and around the village. i...