Friday, 9 December 2011
It's not all plain sailing here at Barrington Pottery
I am having some issues that are all of my own doing
which makes them all that more frustrating.
This is a trial for a bowl that will eventually be made to fit in the font
at St Mary's church Barrington.
This one is 17" wide, but the font is 22" wide.
It has cracked in the base and around the foot rim.
and the slip has peeled off the rim.
I left it to late before applying the slip
and the pot rim was to dry. That's all down to me, and it's something
I knew at the time.
This bowl below was also to dry to slip the way it was ordered
so I just did some Buckley style slip trailing and saved the dish.
This was supposed to be a live simply bowl, also ordered
but once again this had dried to much to apply the green slip to the rim.
So I gave it a simple finger swipe in wet slip.
This was an earlier bowl with a design I call horizon.
and if I'm having a bowl fest
I might as well chuck in a picture of this
None of these were what they were supposed to be
so I'm working on the orders yet again.
cutting it fine I know but I seem to work better under pressure.
( did I really just say that )
I'm a liar !
I hate pressure.
Once again apologies for the infrequent blog posts since May But I have today finally got my computer a new keyboard ! I was at the bri...
OK here are all the elements needed to build the kiln. I had some 3mm ceramic paper left over from building my large gas kiln 2 years ago. ...
The Christmas break was well earned this year. We took time out to rest and enjoyed going for walks in and around the village. i...