Sunday 31 October 2021

A Tribute to Johnny Leach

Following the sad news of the Death Johnny Leach
last month, I had been asked to write a tribute to him for the
 Westcountry Potters Association Newsletter.
It led me to think about my relationship with Johnny 
and it worked out that I had known him for 40 years!
The piece will be published in the November/December issue.
What I didn't get chance to mention was, that by the time I had finished the piece and Marion read it back to me I found myself in tears realising I was never going to see him again!
also the very odd experience both Marion and myself had
  on the Sunday morning as we settled down to watch the Funeral service in full via an online link following his burial on the Friday 1st October.
as we sat in front of the computer at the kitchen table
the kitchen door blew open!
something it had never done before, We both just stopped in our tracks and looked at each other in silence, but it reminded me of a similar
incident following a visit from Johnny some 11 years previous that I wrote a blog about at the time! 


here is the link to that post from March 2010
don't worry all you grammar geeks I've spotted the error in the title of the original post!
Spooky I'm sure you will agree?



In other News 
Barrington Court the National Trust property that our workshop is in the grounds of has decided due to a lack of visitor numbers to close from 1st November - 4th March 2022
The lack of visitors was making it unsustainable for the National Trust.
 What they didn't realise was that the smaller visitor numbers had actually been very good for us workshops.
So The Good news is that the Artisan Workshops at Barrington Court
will be remaining open all through November & December with the main gates
being open from 9am -5.30pm
although the NT shop and cafe will be closed the toilets will be open and parking is available in the main carpark

We have been working hard to keep stock levels up for both the showroom and online sales so feel free to come and visit us at the workshop and we will gladly make you a cup of coffee
while you have a look around.


we have a number of pots that probably won't make it onto the website
so a showroom visit will also give you the full experience.


 We will be moving into our Winter opening hours as from 2nd November so the pottery 
will be open 9am - 4pm right up until 23rd December when we close for our winter break.

No comments:

Harvest on the Farm TV appearance

It’s great to be back on the Blog! The most exciting thing that’s happening right now, is that I’ve been asked to appear on Channel 5’s TV s...